Admiralty Arch
National Gallery
After that we walked on over to Trafalgar Square, took some pictures with the Lions, and then went in to the National Gallery which has a superb collection of art. We saw the Impressionists first and then wandered through the museum looking at the other art. We spent a couple of hours there and then decided to get a bite to eat. I had remembered that about 15 years ago Tom & I had had the best bread pudding in a great little cafe and I was hoping to find it again! A few steps and there it was! It was the "Cafe in the Crypt" - actually in the crypt of the church St.Martins in the Fields, with graves and all, and the bread pudding was still a tradition. Erin loved the pudding served warm with custard!! We were rejuvenated after that so off we went to the National Portrait Gallery which was right opposite.
This museum is full of portraits from old to modern and again we loved the ones of the Tudors. Amazing art and just too much to even try to describe. The other nice thing is that both these museums are free! We were tired after that so we got back home, bought heat & eat meals from Marks & Spensers food store - nice selection of fresh made food - and ate back at the hostel. Tommorrow should be a warm day too!
I will have to post pics later - no pics allowed inside anything we saw today anyway

2 comments:
I'm glad u all r having fun....I do read the blog :)
I miss the pictures my of Aunt Boadicea. Boudica has secured a special place of her own in British folk history remembered for her courage; The Warrior Queen who fought the might of Rome. And in a way she did get her revenge, as in 1902 a bronze statue of her riding high in her chariot, designed by Thomas Thorneycroft, was placed on the Thames embankment next to the Houses of Parliament in the old Roman capital of Britain, Londinium - The ultimate in Girl Power!
Post a Comment