It is our last day here in Vienna - it's hard to believe that we are going to be on our third part of the trip tommorrow - on to London!
We visited the Naschmarkt today and it was impressive as usual. It is an open air market with probably every kind of food you can imagine from traditional Austrian to pretty much any other ethnicity! They have a cheese shop with probably a hundred or more varieties of cheese. We had lunch at a crepe place and I had a crepe with ratatouille (spelling?) which was really good and now I know what that really is! Eel is a delicacy here and Erin had actually wanted to try some when we had gone to the lake but it was not available at the place we ate at. The market did have smoked eel but it was very expensive and they also had live ones swimming around that quickly changed her mind! An added bonus is that you can see some beautiful architechture next to the market area - the most famous being an apartment building designed by Otto Wagner which is just amazing.
Well, we had a wonderful time here in Vienna and got to spend time with Mahen & family. We are hoping they will visit Florida one day! Erin also talked on the phone to George and Joyce, and they sounded like they are having a great time in Florence. They said that by the end of the day they've done so much stuff, and are completely wiped out by the heat that they have no energy left! They are enjoying their time in Florence very much!
It's Erin now!! :) I'm sad that we have to leave today, but I think that our trip here has been awesome. We got to see some pretty awesome stuff, and spend time with family. Maya and Jeremy are soo much fun, and so ridiculously cute. Sometimes when you look at them you just want to give them a great big hug!! I'll miss them tons! Even if they're naughty sometimes :O I have also loved all the time I've got to spend with my Uncle Mahen and Brigitte. I think that this trip has also been very relaxing, I have enjoyed it very much!


No comments:
Post a Comment